Sandra Cisneros is an American writer of Mexican descends. She is known for her coming-of-age novel The House on Mango Street.
Since this story has various layers of meaning, writing essays on The House on Mango Street may be a possible assignment for your Literature classes.
There is a list of themes, which you may raise in The House on Mango Street essay:
- Relations in a family;
- Friends and Foes in our life;
- Problems of ethnicity and culture;
- The role of an individual in society;
- Life challenges and every day triumphs;
- Love and sex.
You may pick out any of the offered issues and disclose in The House on Mango Street essay. In order to help you, let us present you several ideas as to writing essays on The House on Mango Street.
- Esperanza Cordero is the central figure of the novel and its narrator. She introduces each character to readers. You may prepare a good The House on Mango Street essay analyzing her attitude to each person.
- Life in the Latin neighborhood of Chicago has its own advantages and disadvantages. You can write about them in your essays on The House on Mango Street. We should not judge something by its appearance. It is better to look closer. Esperanza gives you a wonderful chance to learn more about the life in one Latin neighborhood.
- Problems of sexual assaults were also discussed in the novel. Basing on a situation described here, you may create a good The House on Mango Street. Tell about the case of being raped at an early age. Esperanza sees the only way to forget about everything – to leave the street. Write whether you support such idea in The House on Mango Street essay.