Writing an essay on the USA seems to be quite an obscure task. There are millions of issues for discussion. So, what does your tutor want to see in the USA essay? What are his/her expectations?
Well, first, let us determine the reasons for giving such an unclear assignment. You are asked to write an essay on the USA, but you are not given any exact topic for consideration. So, is not it the main reason? The tutor wants to see your abilities of selecting a good topic.
This is what we will concentrate on in this article. Let us help you decide on a captivating and an appropriate topic for the USA essays.
First, it is necessary to think of such topics that you are quite knowledgeable about.
Second, your search of a topic for the USA essay should be narrowed down as much as possible. That is why you should think of several exact fields to choose from.
Third, you will have to choose possible topics within those fields for your essay on the USA.
Now, we can provide some of those fields and possible topics to be covered in the USA essays. Definitely, it is just an example, and you can develop any of the introduced ideas further.
History – this is what can be chosen for the USA essays:
- North America – the US colonization;
- Agricultural industry during the Great Depression;
- United States after the World War II.
Political issues to be considered in the USA essays:
- Patriot Act and its significance;
- Immigration laws in the United States;
- Government’s expenses during the war in Iraq.
International relations and several topics for the USA essays:
- The USA as a key actor in the contemporary system of international relations;
- Terrorism – American policy;
- The USA and Islamic world – is there any animosity?