Dissertation outline is a rough plan of your dissertation that will help you make the items of your work logically connected. What is more, it will help you define those questions you should pay special attention to and thoroughly explain within your work. Your tutor is sure to recommend you to make a good dissertation outline first and then continue your research.
Dissertation outlines should include the next parts:
- Introduction. In this part you have to disclose the topic of your dissertation, describe the purposes of the work and methodology.
- Main body of your dissertation outline. Here you should present all main data. You can also use key-words in this part that will give information about the main idea of your dissertation.
- Conclusion of your dissertation outline. You need to evaluate the results of your research in this part.
- Include references in your dissertation outlines. Later you will have to make a review of the literature used and present the analysis of these materials. Here your analytical thinking plays an important part.
- In order to make such dissertation outline that will be really helpful for you, you should divide all the information that you have found into small parts, sort it out and present in such sections of your dissertation outline that fit best.
All these parts of a dissertation outline are important, since they make the writing process clear. This is why you should not miss any of them.
We also advise you to show your dissertation outlines to the tutor, who will amend it in case something is wrong. Thus, you can be absolutely sure that you are on the right way.