You must be a real philosopher if you have chosen to write a dissertation on Buddhism. This is definitely a laudable motive, but I guess you will need help.
I am sure that you know everything about a dissertation structure, style and so on. The main problem that you can face is a topic of your dissertation on Buddhism. You see, it is an endless topic and you will not be able to cover everything in your dissertation on Buddhism. That is why we suggest you to narrow this topic.
Below you will find a list of some ideas as for the topic of your dissertation on Buddhism. It is not necessary to choose exactly these topics. Maybe these ideas will help you invent something unusual for your dissertation on Buddhism.
- Undoubtedly, a part of your dissertation on Buddhism should be devoted to its origins. Say a few words about Gautama Buddha or Siddhartha. Think if he can be regarded as a real person or just a figment of imagination.
- Dissertation on Buddhism may study this religion and its manifestations in the modern world. Study the countries that practice Buddhism. Think whether there are any differences in practice of this religion between the countries.
- It is known that Buddhism has its own classification. It includes: Theravada, East Asian Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism. In your dissertation on Buddhism you can study the peculiarities and differences of these branches.
- Dissertation on Buddhism can investigate the general traditions of this religion. Or, for example, Buddhist symbolism. There are several symbols that are regarded by Buddhists as auspicious. Among these symbols are: golden fish, treasure vase, lotus, conch shell and some others. Think what these symbols mean and why they are regarded as auspicious.
- In your dissertation on Buddhism you may study the key concepts of the religion. Think about the main things that these concepts try to make clear for us.
I am sure that you know a lot about Buddhism. Otherwise, you would not choose to write a dissertation on this topic. We tried to give you some helpful ideas that you can develop in your work.